Class work 23/04/19


Pleas transcribe the next exercises on separated  sheets and at the end of the class, Miss Rocío Will receive them

Fill in the correct prepositions 
about – at – by - for – from – in – of – on – to - with 

1. She learned Russian ____________ the age of 45. 
2. The book was written ____________ Mark Twain. 
3. I’ll show you the picture ____________ the palace. 
4. We can only get to the camp ____________ foot. 
5. He reminds me ____________ his old history teacher. 
6. What are you talking ____________ ? 
7. ____________ the end of next year we will have made over £ 100,000. 
8. She always gets up early ____________ the morning and goes to bed late ____________ night. 
9. I went to work ____________ Tuesday but I didn’t go ____________ Friday. 
10. You’ll have to wait. He’ll be with you ____________ a minute. 
11. Philip waited ____________ her at the movie theatre. 
12. He started learning English ____________ 2005. 
13. You have to pay ____________ the tickets on the day you order them.
14. We are very proud ____________ this company. 
15. It’s very kind ____________ you to help us. 
16. The old man suffered ____________ a heart attack. 
17. Please write ____________ pencil. 
18. It’s ____________ time you told him the truth. 
19. The manager didn’t take part ____________ the discussion. 
20. He‘s very good ____________ telling jokes. 
21. I’ll see you ____________ the conference 
22. We sat down ____________ the grass and ate our lunch. 
23. My parents got married ____________ the 1970s. 
24. There’s a good restaurant ____________ the end of the street. 
25. We usually have turkey ____________ Thanksgiving. 
26. I would like to travel ____________ Italy next summer. 
27. I took a plane ____________ Munich to Rome. 
28. I’d like to speak ____________ the manager please. 
29. I don’t usually feel tired ____________ the morning. 
30. My mother is abroad so my dad is taking care ____________ us ____________ the moment. 
31. Sonja gets ____________ the seven o’clock bus in the morning. 
32. She always looks ____________ herself in the mirror. 
33. I met Donna ____________ a party ____________ Friday night. 
34. My friend always borrows money ____________ me. 
35. Daria’s books are lying ____________ the floor. 
36. He arrived at the school building just ____________ time. 
37. The audience threw tomatoes ____________ him. 
38. Passengers are not allowed to use cell phones ____________ airplanes. 
39. He is responsible ____________ what he does. 
40. I’m sorry ____________ the job you didn’t get. 
41. I’m very bad ____________ mathematics. 
42. We had to climb slowly ____________ the hill. 
43. He is always ____________ time. 
44. How many people are ____________ your team? 
45. A university is where you study ____________ a degree.
46. Her next birthday will be ____________ a Sunday. 
47. The new factory is expected to go online ____________ May. 
48. Many of us eat ____________ fork and spoon. 
49. We have been searching ____________ a web designer for a few weeks now.
50. The TV is ____________ the corner of the room.

Modals of Ability Exercise 1
 Put in ‘can’ / ‘can’t’ / ‘could’ / ‘couldn’t’. If none is possible, use ‘be able to’ in the correct tense: 

1. _________________ you swim when you were 10?
2. We _________________ get to the meeting on time yesterday because the train was delayed by one hour. 3. He _________________ arrive at the party on time, even after missing the train, so he was very pleased. 
4. He’s amazing, he _________________ speak 5 languages including Chinese. 
5. I _________________ drive a car until I was 34, then I moved to the countryside so I had to learn. 
6. I looked everywhere for my glasses but I _________________ find them anywhere. 
7. I searched for your house for ages, luckily I _________________ find it in the end. 
8. She’s 7 years old but she _________________ read yet – her parents are getting her extra lessons. 
9. I read the book three times but I _________________ understand it. 
10. James _________________ speak Japanese when he lived in Japan, but he’s forgotten most of it now. 
11. I _________________ understand the chapter we had to read for homework. It was so difficult. 
12. I _________________ lift this box – it’s too heavy! Would you help me? 
13. Lucy _________________ make it to our meeting after all. She’s stuck in traffic at the moment. 
14. John _________________ play tennis really well. He’s champion of his club. 
15. Unfortunately, I really _________________ sing at all! No-one in my family is musical either. 
16. When the car broke down I was really pleased because I _________________ solve the problem. 
17. Julian _________________ play excellent golf when he was only ten. 
18. My grandmother _________________ use a computer until last month. Since then, she’s been taking lessons at the library. 
19. I _________________ open this window. I think it’s stuck! 
20. Gill _________________ play the piano. She’s never studied it.

1 comentario:

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.

Blue level Exercises

Examples about oral final exam questions

What´s the name of the text? Where is the statue located? How did the statue arrive in to the USA? What was the first color of the sta...